usually reading, drinking tea, or planning my next trip

Slice of Life 8 (I guess?): On Setting Goals

 Well, it's March 8th and this is my fourth slice of life.  I set a goal to write daily in March and... I haven't met it.  To be honest, even typing that sentence kind of makes me upset with myself.  I told myself that I would write everyday in March, and I'm a week in and already failed?!  I am a goal oriented person, but sometimes feel tempted to just throw all plans to the wayside if things don't go as expected.... very all or nothing thinking.


Trying to eat healthier and eat a piece of chocolate before lunch?  Guess I should give up!

Miss my step goal for one day?  No point in trying to keep up my steps the rest of the day!

Spent too much this paycheck?  Guess I'm going to wait until next payday.


But I guess when I think about this month, I've written intentionally five times (counting today, hehe) during the first 8 days of the challenge.  That's better than last month!  That's more than I've written for fun in a long time!  Being a better me (meaning doing things that make me happy and fill up my cup) is like climbing a mountain.  One step at a time.


I searched my Google Photos for "mountain" and this gorgeous picture from my trip to the Azores in Portugal in 2018 came up.  I had a terrible friend falling out with the friend I traveled with, so I haven't looked at these pictures in ages.  SO PRETTY.


PS- If you leave a comment and are coming from SOL, can you leave your blog URL in the comment so I can check out your writing and leave a comment!  I want to make new internet friends!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment