usually reading, drinking tea, or planning my next trip

Slice of Life 8 (I guess?): On Setting Goals

 Well, it's March 8th and this is my fourth slice of life.  I set a goal to write daily in March and... I haven't met it.  To be honest, even typing that sentence kind of makes me upset with myself.  I told myself that I would write everyday in March, and I'm a week in and already failed?!  I am a goal oriented person, but sometimes feel tempted to just throw all plans to the wayside if things don't go as expected.... very all or nothing thinking.


Trying to eat healthier and eat a piece of chocolate before lunch?  Guess I should give up!

Miss my step goal for one day?  No point in trying to keep up my steps the rest of the day!

Spent too much this paycheck?  Guess I'm going to wait until next payday.


But I guess when I think about this month, I've written intentionally five times (counting today, hehe) during the first 8 days of the challenge.  That's better than last month!  That's more than I've written for fun in a long time!  Being a better me (meaning doing things that make me happy and fill up my cup) is like climbing a mountain.  One step at a time.


I searched my Google Photos for "mountain" and this gorgeous picture from my trip to the Azores in Portugal in 2018 came up.  I had a terrible friend falling out with the friend I traveled with, so I haven't looked at these pictures in ages.  SO PRETTY.


PS- If you leave a comment and are coming from SOL, can you leave your blog URL in the comment so I can check out your writing and leave a comment!  I want to make new internet friends!


10 comments on "Slice of Life 8 (I guess?): On Setting Goals"
  1. Aspertaan is the chemical name for aspartame. It belongs to the group of non-nutritive sweeteners, meaning it provides little to no calories.

    aspertaan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out this amazing collection of fashion items at Ayesha's Collection! You'll find a variety of stylish and trendy pieces that are perfect for any occasion.
    https://ayeshas-collection.com
    https://futuretechperth.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stylish and durable Samsung phone cases Canada users choose provide excellent protection against scratches, drops, and everyday smartphone damage.
    samsung phone cases canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irrigation sprinklers are widely used and this article explains them nicely https://evergreenbotany.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Micro irrigation is especially useful for delivering water directly to plants while reducing unnecessary water loss. Proper tubing, emitters, and distribution components can make an irrigation system more effective and reliable.
    micro irrigation

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a useful post for iPhone users who want to keep their device protected during everyday use. A quality phone case can help reduce the impact of minor drops, scratches, and daily wear while also adding a personal touch to the device. Choosing a case that fits the iPhone 14 properly is important for maintaining easy access to the camera, buttons, and charging port.
    iPhone 14 cases

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a helpful post for iPhone users who want to keep their device protected while maintaining its original style. A good case can help protect against everyday scratches, minor drops, and general wear. For the iPhone 14 Plus, choosing a properly fitted case is especially useful for keeping the larger device comfortable to hold while providing easy access to the buttons, camera, and charging port.
    iPhone 14 Plus cases

    ReplyDelete