usually reading, drinking tea, or planning my next trip

Slice of Life Three: When You Can't Eat...

 Tomorrow, I am getting my first ever colonoscopy.  Fun, right?  Although I am only 29, a bevy of stomach issues has caused me to reach out to my doctor.  Today is a "liquid only" diet, and I was really anxious how I would be able to get through the day without eating.  It reminded me of when I was in my early twenties, living in Shanghai, and did juice cleanses every once in a while.  Honestly, nothing sounds worse then going through the day without eating.

Throwback photo when I was really into the Farmhouse juice cleanses.


This also made me reflect on how different I view my body than I did just five years ago.  The pandemic has put extra weight on me, but also helped me realize how fragile life is.  I hope in five years I can look back and be happy with how I looked and how I treated myself.  Also, I hope my colonoscopy doesn't render anything serious...

5 comments on "Slice of Life Three: When You Can't Eat..."
  1. Good luck for tomorrow, prayers and hugs. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! The procedure itself is over before you know it... the liquid diet phase seems to take the longest. Sending positive vibes and thoughts your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one next week, so I was drawn to your entry. It isn´t my first, but it´s been a long, long time. As others have stated, itś the prep thatś the worst. And, of course, hoping for a clean bill of health. I wish you all the best. Interesting how this procedure prompted you to recall an earlier weight.This reminds me that I just saw an interesting excerpt from an interview with Emma Thompson on this subject.

    ReplyDelete