usually reading, drinking tea, or planning my next trip

Slice of Life One: Hello, March!

 It's been a really, really long time since I've made a commitment to daily writing.  The last time I can really think I did it was when I was teaching in China and blogging daily.  Recently I've been thinking a lot about practicing what I preach, quite literally: as a reading and writing teacher, it is important to my students and also to my own practice that I read and write daily.

For the next 31 days, I am committing to writing at least a few minutes about a "slice of my life" and joining some other teachers in an online community.  I am also committing to leaving at least three comments on other posts a day.  One of my New Years resolutions was to write more so this seems like fun.



I've always loved the start of a new month.  I love changing the background screen on my computer, I love turning the page in my calendar, and I love setting new goals and intentions.  (Strong Libra energy, right?)  I also really like spring.  This was my first Ohio winter since college and I forgot how long they feel.  I'm hoping this month brings some new energy (after a season of feeling so, so tired and kind of down) and the zest of passion that I usually have for my job.


What are you hoping to accomplish in March?

8 comments on "Slice of Life One: Hello, March!"
  1. I like your relaxed "way". I can tell that you really jump into life and do what you can when you can. I want to embrace that, too, and let go of perfectionism!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turning the calendar to a new month is one of my favorite things. It's that "start fresh" feeling. I hadn't thought of changing the computer background screen each month, but I love the idea. Maybe THAT is what I will accomplish in March. (I'm a bit afraid to blog every day AND commit to accomplishing more than a background change. Thanks for the inspiration.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely get it and I am similar. Feeling very overextended. But we are here and trying!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the SOL challenge. I am sure you will find it rewarding. Going out on a limb here I will also say that you may find it difficult to stop with just three comments. Here's to a great month of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachael - I'm so so glad you're here, with your voice, stories, ideas, energy and beautiful spirit, too. And I'm giggling because here it is, almost 10 pm, and I haven't flipped my calendar to March yet. Gaaahhh! (But I did get my Slice done, and now I'm reading-reading-reading and commenting-commenting-commenting - a reminder of how important feedback is, right?!) Excited to be here together. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And thanks for introducing me to this cool community!

      Delete